It’s hard to talk about panic disorder even using my mother tongue (portuguese), anyway I’m here to tell you more about. I hardly ever have patience to have a conversation with who never felt this. I also never wrote about a so particular problem before.
People usually don’t understand your concerns and are supposed to judge you as crazy, lying of just being scenic. I also must to confess once I was otherside. I didn’t believe something like that should happen with me one day.
Unfortunately It isn’t hard to talk only due prejudgment, It is hard because is confused to explain the sensation. You feel short of breath, your heart races, sweat cold and have sure you are dying. The sensation you are freaking out, all the world seems strange and annoying, your thinking suddenly become dazed and confused. You have no sure what is happening with you, the only certainty is you are dying, losing control and freaking out. Only bad thoughts come to your mind.
After this nightmare you gonna be fear this shit back. You have no idea what to do. Some people look for a hospital, try explain to family, friends, but it’s hard to find someone to understand what happened even at hospitals. For a long time I couldn’t go out without my emergency remedies to these panic attack cases.
Some people gonna be just a panic attack during all life, others never gonna be this sensation and others a lot of times. It isn’t an exclusive problem of century XXI. We have registers of cases centuries ago. My favorite reference is the paint “The Scream – Edvard Munch 1893”.
He wrote about him paint “I was walking down the road with two friends when the sun set; suddenly, the sky turned as red as blood. I stopped and leaned against the fence, feeling unspeakably tired. Tongues of fire and blood stretched over the bluish black fjord. My friends went on walking, while I lagged behind, shivering with fear. Then I heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature.”
Perhaps this situation is being worst around the world each day more. I also don’t want open a controlled drugs club, it is just my way to share a little bit more about this subject and help people don’t be shy to take out your panic from the closet and look for some help.
Some people will feel what it is only once at life, another ones a couple times if you will be lucky you are supposed won’t discovery what it this.
The cure panic disorder?
Dear reader, I really wish give the cure, I didn’t find yet but I have great tips to help you reduce the suffering and teach what to do during a panic attack.
- Practice sports: Doesn’t matter if you like to swim, run, ride a bike or just walk, when you practice sports your body makes serotonin, endorphin, dopamine.. These substances are essential to control your humor and keep you head in peace.
- Accept yourself: You don’t need to do anything to prove something for someone. Do what you feel good to do.
- Face your wolves: You must to know what are yours wolves and face them. If you need remedies to face them, why not use? Believe, I used for a long time. Most people then you can imagine use controlled medication.
- Learn to breath: It’s hard to control your breath during a panic attack. Just try deep breath and don’t breath for the mouth.
- Maintance: Take care yourself, you don’t need run away of your problems but you don’t need hug all the world. Remember you are human.
- Accept: Your won’t be always in control. I leave medication, your aim can’t be stop with medication, your aim must to be to be fine.
It was almost 3 years since my worst panic attack today. I have no fair panic anymore. I know some day it can back, but now I know what is this, it won’t kill me if back. The life is like the sea, sometimes calm, sometimes rough and hardly ever normal.
“We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails boat”.
Marques, J. A.